Lestrad wrote:
> Hello to all. I had successfully set up SoA on a Wandboard back in 2015
> ('see this thread'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103319-LMS-on-Wandboard-with-ReadyNAS-and-Squeezebox-Touch/page10)).
> It was operating over the network with my music files on a ReadyNAS. Now
> the NAS is dead and I've copied all the files on it to a single hard
> drive connected directly to the Wandboard. My old installation of SoA
> had continued to work fine until we had a power failure one day, after
> which the Wandboard wouldn't boot.
>
> I followed both sets of instructions from the beginning of this thread
> (the "simplest way..." and the "more manual way...") but was unable to
> get a working SoA install (browser won't do anything with
> xxx.xxx.x.xx:9000). I'm left with an Arch Linux that works fine and that
> I've updated, and I've also set up NFS and SMB sharing. Scattered around
> in it are various parts of SoA that were copied over during my second
> attempt to install it.
>
> I have an image of the former working (but now non-booting) SoA install
> and I've set up a comparison between it and the Arch Linux root
> partition currently on the Wandboard. My question is: How can I copy
> over the necessary parts of the old SoA install from the image to the
> root filesystem that's now on the Wandboard, so that the existing
> Wandboard install will operate as SoA was intended to work?
>
> I realize that the consensus here is tending toward using other devices
> and other OSs, but I could save myself a lot of trouble if I could do
> what I've just described. Also I thought someone might be interested in
> a _Jurassic Park_ type of experiment ;-).
>
> Salutations to all
> Les

I don't know if SoA is still available / supported.
I would look into downloading an OS from the Wandboard community and
then install LMS on it. This way you'll have the latest software
running.

Personally I have stopped using Wandboards a long time ago and went the
RPI way. These devices are well supported by the Squeezebox community.
You could easily install piCorePlayer for example. An RPI is not very
expensive either.

'Cambridge Audio 851D-S'
(https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/851/851d) -> 'Focal MP1200'
(http://www.mp1200.co.nf/) -> 'Focal Electra 1028 Be'
(http://www.focal.com/en/electra-1000-be-2/209-electra-1028-be-3544053695099.html)
1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio, 1 x SB Touch and 2 x RPI 2B
1 x SB3 and 1 x SB Touch in storage
ReadyNAS NVX for storage
RPI 2B running LMS 7.9.2.
iPeng on iPhone, SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon