paul- wrote:
> Just to help clarify.  piCorePlayer is just a linux OS with a html
> interface for configuring tools.   Squeezelite is the full feature
> player that most are using now days.  It supports most modern audio
> formats.   You can use squeezelite on many many platforms.
>
> Source code for squeezelite is here.
> https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite.   (slimproto.* are what you
> want to look at)
>
> The protocol documentation is in the wiki(on this forum), but might not
> be totally up to date....

One command that squeezelite does not support is the undocumented *blst*
frame that triggers the IR blaster functionality in the original
hardware. This is what the IRBlaster plugin uses, for example. One can
work around this by listening to server events and configuring the
commands on the client (e.g. using 'my little python daemon'
(https://github.com/mundschenk-at/squeezebox-ir-events), or something
similar).