I'm trying to migrate from my old Vortexbox.

I've got a Fedora Core 30 install on my PC that isn't doing much else.
I've downloaded 7.9.1 and installed it using dnf. It seemed to install
just fine with no protest or error messages. However, when I attempt to
start the server, it doesn't seem to work. Systemctl status doesn't look
like its running and there is no web access at the 9000 port. Nothing
has been written to the squeezebox log file. I've tried the softlink to
Perl and it doesn't change anything. I've searched for applicable
threads and haven't seen anything specific to FC30, though I've tried
some of the suggestions for older linux versions.

What am I missing?