The previous post was from the SD card with the image that does not load
ALSA.

Here is the same pi, with the image made from a fresh download of the
beta7. Squeezelite works fine on this.

Here is the Boot log, with no IP address:

    Starting piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 startup...
  Checking for boot files on mmcblk0p1...
  Trying to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1.
  ssh file found on mmcblk0p1.
  newpcp.cfg not found on mmcblk0p1.
  Setting default piCorePlayer repository...
  Generating sound card drop-down list...
  Waiting for soundcard IQaudIODAC to populate. Done (1).
  Waiting for network................................................... No
network found! Done (52).
  Checking for PCM input card... Done.
  Starting Openssh server... Done.
  Starting Squeezelite and/or Shairport-sync...
  [ INFO ] Starting Squeezelite player: Squeezelite...
  Done.
  Auto set timezone settings, can be updated on tweaks page...
  There was a problem reaching sites for automatic timezone, please set
manually on tweaks page.
  Starting httpd web server... Done.
  Setting CPU scaling governor to ondemand... Done.
  Creating static footer... Done.

  Finished piCorePlayer v6.0.0-b7 startup.

  To setup piCorePlayer, use the web interface via a browser:

  Press [Enter] to access console.

  In the background, ntpd is syncing time between piCorePlayer and the internet.
  A large offset between 1970 and now is normal.

Also note the timezone has not loaded (I have also seen this before).

pCP v5 I don't recall seeing these differences :)