Okay, the config is good, and the kernel is running would be 32bit.
Confirm by running uname -a from command line.   I suspect you are
looking at the reported arch by lms on the information page.  That arch
is actually not real for the runtime, but the arch of the compile
machine that built Perl......even though it was built 32bit.

My build machine is a PI4 4gb running pCP.  will update my Perl build
script to run in a setarch wrapper, so the compiled configuration
properly reflects armhf.  I should have realized the problem, as I just
chased how that is reported on my Ubuntu machine.........

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer