Zabizabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if I have to leave the cache on the SD Card or move it on
> my USB disk.
>
> So for you, what is the benefit to have the cache on the disk containing
> your music ? Just a question of saved space on the sd card or LMS is
> more reactive ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christophe

I'm not really sure what is best, to be honest.  My USB disk is a fast,
silent, locally attached SSD, and I'm obviously wearing it out a bit
faster than if it was a read-only music store, but I don't think that's
much of an issue these days.  It gets backed up every night, so the risk
of loss caused by corruption is minimised.  And of course, it removes
the risk of corruption to the SD card.  I can't say I've noticed any
speed difference wherever the cache is stored.  Saved space on the SD
card isn't an issue either these days, given that the cheapest SD cards
seem to be 16Gb.