paul- wrote:

> Cons:
> >   >   >
  - This literally uses most of the GPIO header for the graphic
  > connection.  The connection is direct to the rpi GPU.  It runs the
  > GPIO in dpi mode.  The only Free GPIO are 18 and 26
  - This means you cannot use a i2S Hat board for sound, but Rpi
  > Onboard sound or USB based sound works just fine.

paul-
It does seem like a nice display, however if it really does need all
pins to communicate  that pixel depth and frame rate it might be more
suited for games and ( video) mediacenters than a music player.
Perhaps you can find a way to setup the communication with fewer pins,
and free up the I2S pins for a dac.
Personally I would rather use the HDMI-out of a pi to drive HQ displays
than to use USB for a DAC.
But I wil certainly look forward to your posts regarding  this display.

M-H

Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card,
Pi Zero with Phat-beat ,  and a few other tests...