Wigster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Coming back to my post #77. I've been talking to bpa on his iPlayer
> forum 'here'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109826-BBCiPlayer-V1-6-(and-higher)-amp-BBCiPlayerExtra-2-0-(and-higher)-Support&p=968987&viewfull=1#post968987)
>
> and we have isolated the issue to be some strange interaction of my
> HiFiberry DAC+ Pro with 48 kHz streams. When they are played, the WiFi
> drops out and the Rpi disconnects. There are some reports of this on the
> HiFi Berry forums with OpenELEC 'here'
> (https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206789049-RPi3-OpenELEC-6-DAC-Pro-freezes-on-48khz-files).
>
> This problem was not there with PCP 5.0.1, so I am wondering whether
> there is something different with the way that the DAC is set up in
> 6.0.0 which is triggering this
>
> (I initially upgraded 5.0.1 -> 6.0.0 in-situ, so my settings from 5.0.1
> were in principle retained and the problem appeared in any case, so I
> don't think it's anything user-changeable).
>
> Cheers

To simplify for anybody who wishes to test - Hifiberry DAC+ Pro seems ot
have aproblem playing back 48kHz (or mulitple) files possibly associated
with WLAN. In 2016 with 4.9 kernel, there was a 48Khz issue which was
fixed.

This showed up because BBC stream are 48Khz whereas most streasm are
44.1Khz
Example  plain MP3/48kHz
http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_6music_mf_p

It should also fail with 48Khz files - so test files can be created