carsten_h wrote:
> I have here a SATA M.2 SSD in an USB 3.1 and also in another USB 3.0
> enclosure which is not running with piCorePlayer on a Pi 4B. It takes
> minutes to mount the drive.
> I have a 2,5" SATA SSD in an USB 3.0 enclusure which is running without
> any problems with piCorePlayer.
> Both drives are Crucial MX500 1TB.
>
> The poweradapter I am using is the original Raspberry one and there is
> no flash shown on the HDMI output when booting.
>
> It is a problem of the Pi 4B recognizing some types of USB enclosures.
> If you attach them to the USB 2 ports everything is working fine. They
> also work without a problem on a Pi 3B+ with piCorePlayer before.
>
> Maybe this helps:
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=245931, but then
> you are not using the UAS protocol which normally should make the SSD
> fast.

Thank you Carsten.

I tried to solve the problem with the quirks as described in the
raspberry.org forum but this did change nothing. The USB 3.0/3.1
behaviour stayed to be the same. So for now my solution is to connect
the USB-Hub to the USB 2.0 connector of the Raspi, which is fast enough
to play music from my SSD which is a Sandisk Ultra 3D with 1TB. I use an
Inateck F2005 enclosure. Which brand/type of enclosure is yours which is
working fine?

I think the USB 3.0/3.1 problem has something to do with piCorePlayer
since other systems like volumio or max2play work well with the hub
connected to the USB 3.0 connectors of the Raspi.