Man in a van wrote:
> @noobity
>
> http://https://github.com/nicokaiser/rpi-audio-receiver
>
> I have never used the Bluetooth but the other connections worked.
>
> One just installs what is needed.
>
> If by concurrently you are refering to output, it is possible to run two
> squeezelite instances at the same time with pCP
>
> I'm a ignorant of how one would utilise a single core per program and
> output to two different devices on a raspberry pi :confused:
>
> or on anything else, for that matter :rolleyes::rolleyes::o:p
>
> ronnie
>
> Edit:
>
> can confirm BT works.

thanks for your answer.

I just meant concurrently in the sense of how well they played together
- no crashing or locking up and smooth, reliable transitions between
sources.

I saw that GitHub project and it looks promising but I was hoping for
something that wouldn't needs much upkeep - more of an appliance than
another home server.

I think I'll just stay with pi core player it does what it does really
well that much is clear.

paul- wrote:
> Squeezelite/Shairport-sync/Bluetooth direct audio, can all live on the
> same device and use the same audio output hardware.  However they cannot
> be used at the same time.
>
> Squeezelite has a -c option which tells squeezelite to release the audio
> hardware when playback is stopped.   Shairport-sync has a similar
> option.    And the way I'm developing direct audio for bluetooth, when
> you drop the bluetooth connection, it will terminate use of the audio
> hardware.
>

> If you try to use two at the same time, some software will just kindly
> retry......and others will crash.

Thanks so much for all that great information - that really clears up
everything I was wondering about.

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into the design - great stuff!