mherger wrote:
> >> You'll need to install Devel::NYTProf for your Perl. And then run
> with
> >> above parameter. Please note that running LMS this way can generate a
> >> ton of data which will take a while to analyze by the NTYProf tools.
> But
> >
> > Ok installed all the dependencies required. Had to fix some of them
> > because very old.
> > I expected to find the result in server.log but I was wrong.
>
> I'm sorry, I got that wrong... Devel::NYTProf is not used for the memory
>
> monitoring, but CPU. I believe I never got server.memory debugging
> working in recent years...
>
> From what I understand reading the module it requires the following:
>
> use B ();
> use B::Asmdata qw(@specialsv_name);
> use B::Size ();
> use B::LexInfo ();
> use Devel::Peek ();
> use Devel::Size ();
> use Devel::Symdump ();
> Data::TreeDumper
>
> If you get server.memory working, you should have a new web page
> /memoryusage.html which would give you some overview of the memory
> usage.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I was missing that I had to go to /memoryusage.html
Thanks, I'll try and report back.

P.S. while I was messing with the buildme.sh script I made some fix,
updated some modules and added a command line argument to make the
compile multithreaded. Once I solved this memory leak problem I will
make a pull request on github so you can decide whether it's worth
merging or not.

philippe_44 wrote:
> But then you are not playing HTTPS services, right? I know it sounds
> like a silly question but I want to make sure before I dig again into
> all the contorted SSL elements activated in LMS. There are many things
> there, it’s difficult to find it’s way sometimes. For
> example the code for NB sockets is different when SSL is involved and
> there are buffer associated to cache between calls.

Since I don't want to waste anyone's time let me do some more test
debugging the memory usage. If I won't come to any conclusion I'll
contact you directly.

Thank you both for your time.
Simone

https://audiodigitale.eu