Greg Erskine wrote:
> FYI: I have been using RPi4B with wifi forever, no dropouts. I do set my
> router to a "fixed" channel away from my neighbours.

My router also uses fixed channels (selected manually to minimize
overlap with neighbors) in the 5 GHz spectrum. That's not the issue.
It's not a loss of connection to the router, it's a break down at the
driver level (or most likely: the firmware of the wireless chipset).
Switching to an RPi4 could help, but since I don't have a machined back
plate of the case with RPi4 cutouts, this is not an option.