slartibartfast wrote:
> I just had pCP crash while playing. At least I assume it did as it
> disappeared from my player list. The pCP web page said squeezelite was
> running. Restarting squeezelite didn't work and  squeezelite was then
> reported as not running. Only a reboot restored the squeezelite player.
> Anyone experienced this before or know what could cause it?
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I have those crashes frequently. More or less every day and sometimes a
few times a day. Sometimes even piCorePlayer is not anymore reachable
from the web interface. In this case Jivelite is still running and shown
on the touchscreen which is attached to my Pi. When I then try to choose
piCorePlayer from the Jivelite menue, it hangs.

In the other cases I have exactly the same behaviour as described. Last
time I looked at the squeezelite logfile and the problem seemed to be
caused by my Allo Digione which ceased to function.

This kind of crashes occured in any version of piCorePlayer, which I
used, i.e. 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, but seem to be more often with version 7.0.

Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB, Pimoroni On/Off Shim, Allo DigiOne, Khadas Tone
Board, Waveshare 5" Capacitive Touch Screen, Exsys USB 3.1 Hub all
together in one HTPC