paul- wrote:
> You cannot run fsck to make repairs on a mounted file system.  When fsck
> runs at boot, the file system is not mounted, so it can run normally.
> If your filesystem won’t get repaired, it is likely a failing sdcard.
Ok I found the issue.

I pulled the sd-card, and remember that I could just use another RPi to
check it via a USB adapter. I also loaded the 'e2fsprogs.tcz' extension
to enable badblocks. Both checked out Ok.

  tc@Touch-pCP:~$ e2fsck -n /dev/sdb2
  e2fsck 1.45.6 (20-Mar-2020)
  PCP_ROOT has been mounted 2 times without being checked, check forced.
  Pass 2: Checking directory structure
  Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
  Pass 4: Checking reference counts
  Pass 5: Checking group summary information
  PCP_ROOT: 5745/3899392 files (0.3% non-contiguous), 781874/7773184 blocks

  tc@Touch-pCP:~$ badblocks -v /dev/sdb2
  Checking blocks 0 to 31092735
  Checking for bad blocks (read-only test): done

  Pass completed, 0 bad blocks found. (0/0/0 errors)

After replacing the sd-card in the LMS RPi it again showed free count
errors.
Then I realised that LMS was active and so after stopping LMS fsck was
fine.

  tc@PCP-XLR-LMS:~$ e2fsck -n /dev/mmcblk0p2
  e2fsck 1.45.6 (20-Mar-2020)
  Warning!  /dev/mmcblk0p2 is mounted.
  Warning: skipping journal recovery because doing a read-only filesystem check.
  PCP_ROOT has been mounted 1 times without being checked, check forced.