doggod wrote:
> Hi,
> Just thought I could put this here aswell if someone else have the same
> "problem" and search for an answer. I asked the below over at "Logitech
> Media Server 8.2.0released "
> (>
> https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?114928-Logitech-Media-Server-8-2-0-released&p=1033409&viewfull=1#post1033409)
>
> "-I'm on LMS 8.1.2 and wanted to test the "output channel mode" feature
> with two Pcp V7.0 players but after much fiddling about it's clear that
> it doesn't work as long as a PcP player is involved. When I tested with
> two SqB Touch it works fine. Then I also tested with one Touch and
> another Pcp which also didn't work. So my conclusion is that there is a
> problem with this feature when running a Pcp player. Why is this? And is
> it a known problem? If so, would an upgrade to 8.2 solve it?
>
> To make it clearer, what I mean with not working is that when I set Pcp
> #1 as Left channel and Pcp #2 as Right and activate sync both players
> are still in stereo mode.
> And as said, same setup with two Touch works just fine, e.g they play in
> mono. -"
>
> And to answer my own Q, upgrade to PcP 8.0 solves the "problem"!

Support for this was added to squeezelite v1.9.9r1356 after pcp 7 was
released and an updated squeezelite extension was created for pcp 7.
But you needed to install it using the web gui.

Squeezelite released with pcp 8 includes the additional output channel
modes support.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *2*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.