truscellino wrote:
> I haven't experienced these personally, but the fact they happen even
> with internet radio tells me this has nothing to do with power, CPU load
> or ALSA tweaks, because of the low data rates involved here. Most likely
> 128k/192k mp3 streams, even 15y-old electronics can play these without
> any strain.
>
> Throwing a few random thoughts:
> >   >   >
  - Can you check that you are not attempting to convert/resample the
  > streams in LMS?
  - Is your local network very busy?
  - No wifi involved if I understand correctly?
  - Do you trust your network switch?

> Have you tried to run LMS without the SSD, just as a test? With
> internet streams I mean. I don't expect the SSD to cause troubles but
> in these weird situations, it's always good to double check every
> potential source of issue.The drop outs are there regardless of format. Low
> rate mp3 up to high
res 192/24.

No conversion or resampling that i am aware of.
Network is not busy. Router and cabling should be able to do the trick.
We have a gamer in the house. Even if i turn off everything that is not
related to the music system, the problem is still there.
No wifi apart from a tablet with Material Skin to control the music.
I think the switch is ok. Flawless and fast internet, when i connect a
laptop to it. I will try to hook the system without the switch and see
if it help. And also try to disconnect the SSD.:)