dolodobendan wrote:
> I'm having fun with permissions again. What I want to achieve:
>
> _*ubuntu_(LMS)*_ <-- user: squeezeboxserver (RW) --> _*NAS*_ <-- user:
> myuser RW --> _*Windows*_
>
> I rip CDs on my Windows machine and copy them to the NAS share. Doing
> that makes me the owner, the group is "everyone", and octal permissions
> is 770.
>
> LMS installed on the NAS is happy with that and works fine.
>
> LMS installed on ubuntu is not happy. What do I have to do to make it
> happy?
>
> I tried samba shares (which I think Windows is using), but then LMS only
> has read-only access.
>
> I tried nfs shares, but LMS has no access to the music. Other folders
> work, but again, I want to make it work with the permissions that are
> already there.
>
> From what I read it should be possible to mount the music library using
> nfs 4, because that can somehow remap users, so my hope is to use
> this...
>
> I'm grateful for any help, I don't really know what I'm doing here.

Have you tried mounting the Samba share from ubuntu with your Windows
user rather than squeezeboxserver user ?
I have a pi configured this way which works fine

Other than that the difference on my QNAP is that Multimedia is setup
for "administrators" rather than "everyone" - my Windows user is a
member of administrators group.
If you were to change the share folder permissions from everyone to
administrators it would make no difference to your access (if you are in
the group). The QNAP would rewrite all the permissions accordingly.

You could try it by creating a new Test shared folder with "everyone" on
the QNAP and drop a few music files in and remount and see whether that
works then change to "administrators" having put yourself into that
group and see if it still works.

Jim
https://jukeradio.double6.net

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* Joggler & Pi4/Khadas  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s

*Office* Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* SB Radio
*Bedroom (Bedside)* Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Kef ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes