...probably not worth the effort but I'm learning lots about Tiny Core,
which might be useful in future!

I thought I'd compile the kernel and modules with the patch in place to
enable the module to build.

I cloned the pcp kernel source https://github.com/piCorePlayer/linux and
made the little mod as described in the issue I linked to above. All
seemed to go well with compilation.

I've come unstuck however with the way Tiny Core works. I saw this in
/config.txt:

    initramfs rootfs-pCP-13.0.gz,modules-5.10.42-pcpCore-v7.gz followkernel
--------------------

Which I took to mean that I need to package up my modules into a
suitable .gz and a bit of google pointed me to the sorter.sh script from
Tiny Core:
https://github.com/tinycorelinux/sorter/blob/master/sorter.sh.

It produces a working archive which loads at boot but seems to want to
cherry-pick modules for x86, ignoring arm loads of modules for arm. The
result is half the size of modules-5.10.42-pcpCore-v7.gz.

I've got an account request pending for access to the Tiny Core forum
and wiki which I hope will be enlightening. But just wondered if anyone
could sort me out here first. I'm bound to have gotten the wrong end of
the stick. Is there an equivalent of sorter.sh for Pi Core? Or is there
a one-liner to package up all the modules?