sh1ntomi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have LMS(V 8.1.1) and Squeezelite running on a raspberry pi(3b) with
> 'nanosound DAC2' (https://nanomesher.com/nanosounddac2/) .
>
> I am looking for ways to trigger execution of a shell script from
> squeezelite UI - commands through playlist or perhaps through a plugin.
> Any pointers and example of how this can be done will be much
> appreciated. Thanks.

With material skin you can define custom actions. These will appear as
entries in the desired menu - e.g. for a player, in the main menu, for
an artist etc. These actions can trigger LMS commands, shell commands,
javascript, etc. See
https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material/wiki/07-Customisation for more
details.

There is also the 'SqueezeCLI Handler' plugin which may provide what you
are seeking - although I have never used this.

*Material debug:* 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json
(Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update
messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open
console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS
will be logged here.