kidstypike wrote:
> expecting to see the SATA board as a mountable USB drive on the LMS
> page, but no USB drives showing.

I have two of these cases here but I am using them with Home Assistant
and Raspberry Pi OS and I am using the M.2 SSD as the bootmedium. I have
this case without M.2 SSD for libreELEC and one for piCorePlayer with
LMS with an external SSD.
I think that your problem maybe that the M.2 SSD is brand new ans
without any partitionmap and filesystem on it. So you only have to get a
partitionmap and a filesystem onto the SSD. That should do it.
I can tell you how you can do this on a Mac (you only have to attach a
USB-A to USB-A cable to connect the M.2 SSD to a Mac or PC or something
else), I have no experience with Linux here.

pi4 4gb picoreplayer with lms and squeezelite for usb inside an argon
one case
pi3b+ (7\" display, hifiberry dac+ pro) picoreplayer with
squeezlite/jivelite for hifiberry and bluetooth headphone inside a
smartipi touch case
two airport express
ikea symfonisk