> jd68
>
> Why don't you use the command "sudo ifconfig eth0 up" in your script
> instead of "sudo reboot"?

I tried with reboot because I also used triggerhappy plugin to be able
to use prev/next/pause buttons from the remote and apparently only
bringing up eth0 left triggerhappy not working.

> Greg Erskine
>
> I think its more likely to be a network issue, something unique
> setting on your router, maybe clashing IP addresses, or as P Nelson
> suggested something wrong with DHCP?

I thought about that also, but I use a static IP outside the range of
where DHCP allocates new addresses, so this shouldn't be an issue.

> edwin2006
>
> Or a malfunction cable/connector/wall socket

Not 100% sure, but I would presume a connector/power issue would
manifest rather differently - more likely to completely block the pi, or
restart it...

So, I didn't make any progress on the pi3. Problem disappeared when I
replaced the pi3 with a pi4.
I would have tried this earlier, but these days getting your hands on a
pi board seems to be a non-trivial task.
I finally got it 3 days ago and it runs fine ever since.

I also solved the problem of the system not working when speakers are
connected/disconnected from the pi by following the advice found here:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?113661-Start-restart-squeezelite-when-plug-in-USB-dac&p=1009334&viewfull=1#post1009334

Thread is quite long, so I posted the link to the post where @chill
offered a ready-made solution.