I have what may be a related problem.  I have two Beocreate boards
attached to Pi3B+s.  The Beocreate’s are using the stock Beovox
CX100 image uploaded to the DSP.  With the HiFiBerryOS software
squeezelite works fine but I would like to move to pCp - for two
reasons: it is more robust and the HiFiBerryOS sometimes starts working
as a DNS server to other things on the network (inconvenient!).

However I can’t get much volume out of the same hardware when I
use pCp.  The board seems to be picked up and I have selected
HiFiBerryOS DACzero/miniAMP as the device and hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
from the options available. No ALSA mixer.  I’m running pCp 8.1.0
32-bit.  Both setups behave the same.

Is there a way I can increase the gain/volume in pCP?  I’m
assuming that the EPROM in the Beocreate boards has been set to a
reasonable level because the volume using HiFiBerryOS is perfectly OK.