Man in a van wrote:
> -d is to logging
> -z daemonises
>
> https://ralph-irving.github.io/squeezelite.html
>
> Depending upon how one install squeezelite -z is not normally required.
>
> I have a Linux Mint install of squeezelite and it starts when the
> computer boots up.
>
> ronnie

Thanks for the correction! I will correct my previous post to reflect
it. So much for working from obviously faulty memory, instead of
actually looking things up.

I am very aware that most intelligent people prefer to run squeezelite
as a service, so using the -z (not -d!) option is to be avoided, as well
as pointless. I still start it separately, daemonized. I thought that
might be a useful way for Francy07 to try different options right now.
But I was hoping someone would give him good directions for setting it
up as a service. Actually, I was hoping you would do that.

LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players,
occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.