Hi together,

Sadly I'm still a beginner with Unix. Ownership and File access rights
are still somewhat a problem.

I've recently migrated my LMS from an Ubuntu  LTS14.04 to a new LTS
20.04 server. Everything so far works out alright with the exception
that I can't save newly created Playlists.
The Ubuntu Server runs on an Intel NUC. My Music Library is stored on a
Synology NAS:
- Mount Point: /mnt/music
- Music Folder: /mnt/music/MyMusic
- Playlist Folder: /mnt/music/SqueezePlaylists
- I configured the following rights for /mnt/music with:  sudo addgroup
lms && sudo usermod -aG lms squeezeboxserver && sudo chown -R
username:lms /mnt/music
- I'm using CIFS to access the Music Share. With my <username>
privileges i can copy a File from the server to the Music Folder on the
NAS as well as to the Playlist Folder on the NAS.
Since LMS can as well play the Playlists as well as the music files in
the Folders, i gather that as well read and write rights work ok with
the standard unix username.

When I try to write a new Playlist

     22-03-05 21:51:02.3208
Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::_filehandleFromNameOrString (86) Error: Could't
open /mnt/music/SqueezePlaylists/PL_DePhazz and Company.m3u for writing.
--------------------

Existing files in the /mnt/music/SqueezePlaylists Folder hhave the
following rights:

    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  23154 Mar 01  2022  PL_CaleJJ.m3u
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  18258 Mar 01  2022  PL_CarmenPhil.m3u
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 113065 Mar 01  2022  PL_CockerHiattMellencamp.m3u

I tried as alternatives:
- sudo chown -R squeezeboxserver:lms /mnt/music
- sudo chown -R squeezeboxserver:nogroup /mnt/music
- sudo chown -R squeezeboxserver:lms /mnt/music/SqueezePlaylists
- sudo chown -R squeezeboxserver:nogroup /mnt/music/SqueezePlaylists

So far nothing remedied the problem

I would very much appreciate any pointers that help to fix this problem

Kind regards

Philipp