PugRallye wrote:
> Any help or experience would be welcome - thank you in advance...

I wrote it already anywhere else on the forum.
I am using my Mac with the Music Program to create my music media
library (there are a few other programs for tagging and getting covers
that I am using).
This library is placed on an external SSD with HFS+ format (MacOS
extended).
I have another SSD also with HFS+ format which is an exact 1:1 copy of
this drive (I am doing it with Carbon copy cloner which is really fast
in creating such copies),
This drive is normally attached to my Pi 4 with piCorePlayer and LMS. It
is mounted there as a read-only drive as I only need to read from it.
The LMS database is placed on a USB stick inside the Pi 4.

When I changed something in the library on my Mac I press the switch-off
button on my Argon One case and wait until it is switched off.
Then I disconnect the drive from the Pi and attach it to my Mac where
CCC automatically starts and copy all new files to the drive.
Then I attach it back to the Pi and start the "new files scan" in LMS.
Ready.

pi4 4gb picoreplayer with lms and squeezelite for usb inside an argon
one case
pi3b+ (7\" display, hifiberry dac+ pro) picoreplayer with
squeezlite/jivelite for hifiberry and bluetooth headphone inside a
smartipi touch case
two airport express
ikea symfonisk