Jeff07971 wrote:
> Not sure about without Jivelite I have never used it like this I've
> always used it with Jivelite.
>
> Someone else maybe able to help here.
>
> FlIRC is a programmable USB Keyboard emulator, its that simple
>
> Jeff

Thanks - so with JiveLight I need to configure the FLIRC to read the
remote buttons as specific Jivelite keys - presumably there is a key map
somewhere - I'll look - there are instructions on 'page 5'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110640-Howto-create-a-linux-kernel-IR-remote-keytable-for-Jivelite-on-piCorePlayer-5/page5)
of this thread I've found since posting, but I get as far as "Start
inputlircd from the command line while testing. I've found the following
options work best." which doesn't work.

Anyway - something to look at next year!