OpenWest 2018 - Call For Papers

** 11th Annual OpenWest Conference
Call for Papers open until January 31st
OpenWest 2018: June 7 - 9 - Sandy, UT (South Towne Expo Center)

Just under 2 weeks to get your paper in for the OpenWest Conference!  Get
your paper in before Monday 00:01 and you'll be entered into the next
drawing!  We are giving away 4 Eachine Mini UFO Quadcopter Drones to 4
random people who have submitted papers to the OpenWest Conference.

 While all papers are welcome, we're still looking for more presentations
on: javascript
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/javascript?source=feed_text&story_id=1545520858899760>
 python
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/python?source=feed_text&story_id=1545520858899760>
 GoLang
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/golang?source=feed_text&story_id=1545520858899760>
 Java
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/java?source=feed_text&story_id=1545520858899760>
 Perl
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/perl?source=feed_text&story_id=1545520858899760>
 Ruby
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/ruby?source=feed_text&story_id=1545520858899760>

https://cfp.openwest.org/

The OpenWest Conference is one of the best Open Source conferences where
community members from around the western U.S. come together to learn and
share information about the latest trends and technologies in development,
system administration, and more.

We know speakers are key to the success of a conference and hope you will
submit a talk. In appreciation of your efforts, our speaker compensation
package includes:
* Full conference pass (excluding tutorials)
* For speakers remote to the Area:
+ Complimentary airfare/travel (according to conference policy)
+ 3 complimentary hotel nights (additional hotel night for speakers
presenting a tutorial)
* Receptions and activities included in regular conference
** https://cfp.openwest.org/

** Speaker Mentoring
Not everybody feels comfortable with speaking, Please don't let that stop
you from submitting your name to speak at the conference.  We are starting
a speaker mentoring program to help everybody to become better speakers.

Steps:
1. Submit your speaking idea at https://cfp.openwest.org
2. Email us at mentor...@utos.org (mailto:mentor...@utos.org?
subject=IMPORTANT%20%3A%20Speaker%20Mentoring)  and we'll work with you!

** Blind community voting

We use blind community voting as the main factor in deciding which speakers
to invite. Other factors include the number of talks per topic, travel
cost, and the number of talks submitted by that speaker. We do NOT take
into consideration gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

** Code of Conduct

We are also committed to ensuring the conference is a place where ideas are
exchanged, old friends get together, new friends meet and harassment is not
tolerated. We expect speakers, attendees and sponsor representatives to be
professional and courteous to each other. We reserve the right to remove,
without refund, ANY attendee (speaker or otherwise) who is unable to adhere
to this policy.
Find Out More (https://cfp.openwest.org/)

mj/v