Hello!

Today I tried to install upstart-1.13.1 on the LFS (using chroot) distro
using commands:
$ ./configure --prefix=/ --enable-threading
$ make
$ make check

tests give me that information:

PASS: test_process
PASS: test_job_class
../test-driver: line 107:  3590 Aborted                 (core dumped) "$@"
> $log_file 2>&1
FAIL: test_job_process
PASS: test_job
PASS: test_log
PASS: test_state
../test-driver: line 107:  4587 Aborted                 (core dumped) "$@"
> $log_file 2>&1
FAIL: test_event
PASS: test_event_operator
PASS: test_blocked
PASS: test_parse_job
PASS: test_parse_conf
PASS: test_conf_static
PASS: test_xdg
PASS: test_control
../test-driver: line 107:  4646 Aborted                 (core dumped) "$@"
> $log_file 2>&1
FAIL: test_main
PASS: test_conf_preload.sh

# TOTAL: 18
# PASS:  15
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  3
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

And after 'make install' and reboot I've got this message:

/proc/self/fd/9: line 28: /etc/init.d/rcS: No such file or directory

After reboot new system became totally unavailable: no bash,
Ctrl+Alt+Delete leads to kernel panic. I tried to found out some
information about  '/etc/init.d/rcS' here:
http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/ , but found nothing. How can I repair
my initialization system? Can I write down initialization scripts not in
chrooted system, but in the loaded system?

Regards,
Igor