> start on ((filesystem
>             and runlevel [!06]
>             and started dbus
>             and plymouth-ready
>             and maths-onboot-done)
>            or runlevel PREVLEVEL=S)

wow. that was the most complex upstart and condition i have seen. The
upstart cookbook suggest to keep start conditions simple.
http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/#final-words-of-advice

> so that lightdm is only started after our local onboot procedure has
> finished.  Sometimes this works, but sometimes it doesn't and I'd like to
> work out why.  initctl status lightdm just says lightdm stop/waiting, and
> there appears to be no way to ask `what events has the lightdm start
> condition already received'.
>
> How long do jobs hang on to events that are in `and' clauses like this?
> Is there any timeframe within which all the events have to be received?

There is no timeframe mentioned in cookbook but this might be helpful:
http://upstart.ubuntu.com/cookbook/#restarting-jobs-with-complex-conditions

Suvir

________________________________

NOTE FROM MOBITEC: This e-mail message stream in its entirety, including any
attachments, is confidential and proprietary and intended only for the person
or persons originally addressed, or originally intended to be addressed.
Further, it may be protected by certain agreements, legal privilege, legal
precedent or law. It must not be read by or disclosed to any person other than
the intended recipient without the express permission of the sender. Any
confidential or proprietary interests are not waived or lost by reason of
delivery to you. If this e-mail message is received by anyone other than the
designated recipient, please delete it, including all attachments, and notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail.