Vladimir Shabanov wrote:
So savepoint will be introduced only where it really needed (dml with
user error handling)? I think that this is the best solution.

Yes, that's what I meant.

BTW it can be useful to have function for cancelling (and maybe
restarting) transaction as a part of error handling.

In Ur/Web, transactions are used for all state, not just the database. I would want to have a reasonable integration of transaction restart with all kinds of state, which can include arbitrary protocols thanks to C FFI libraries. That would complicate the FFI, so I'll leave this out for now. If a compelling use case comes up, let me know.