It seems the outcome is that someone would need to add this feature, but it's probably along the lines of code already present for other modules.

On 04/11/2017 01:47 PM, Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:
On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:13:19 -0400,
Ziv Scully wrote:
Am I correct in thinking that you basically want something like InputStrings's "const"
and "given"
parameters, but for EditableTable?
Yes, from what I can tell...

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 13:03 Marko Schütz Schmuck
<markoschu...@googlemail.com> wrote:

     On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:18:59 -0400,
     Adam Chlipala wrote:

     > If the "user" field is not editable, how do you choose which user to
associate with a new row?
I was thinking that it could be a transaction argument to the widget
     function like
             val widgets = {User = sinkWidget (getCookie userC), ...}
alternatively maybe it should be another part of the struct passed to
     the EditableTable.Make functor like "permission"?
Best regards, Marko > On 04/11/2017 12:10 PM, Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:

     >     On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:58:31 -0400,
     >     Adam Chlipala wrote:
     >
     >         OK, so you don't want to support adding or deleting rows, just
editing the ones that
     >         already exist?  I'm not sure UPO has something like that right
now, but I'd need to look
     >         through the code again to be sure.
     >
     >     No, no: adding and deleting are required too. It's just that I want
     >     have the User field not editable. A "sink widget" that does not
     >     display but can be assigned as the widget of a field might work? The
     >     field would still be in the records and be stored in the table.
     >
     >     Best regards,
     >
     >     Marko
     >
     >         On 04/10/2017 04:14 PM, Marko Schütz Schmuck wrote:
     >
     >             I was wondering whether the tools available in UPO are
already
     >             sufficient to cover the following:
     >
     >             I have a table where each user can register several tuples.
For now,
     >             I'd like to present it as an editable table where the field
User is