On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 12:31:09PM +0100, Kolja Waschk wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 03:04:17PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >If there are already some notes on doing a release,
> >then please tell the mailinglist(archive) about it.
>
> Hi,
>
> work to do that already kept me from "simply releasing" a few times
> because it takes a bit of time and diligence:
>
> urjtag/
>
>  - update ChangeLog, NEWS and THANKS
>  - update doc/UrJTAG.txt and README
>  - update version in configure.ac

Those files are updated.
Available in git@SF and tagged URJTAG_2017_10pre1

It is in preparation for releasing 2017.10
That version number is date related.
In october 2017 was the latest code change (DirtyJTAG cable)

Creating a tarball with `make dist-xz` fails.
<screenshot>
$ make dist-xz
NEWS not updated; not releasing
Makefile:616: recipe for target 'distdir' failed
make: *** [distdir] Error 1
$ touch NEWS
$ make dist-xz
NEWS not updated; not releasing
Makefile:616: recipe for target 'distdir' failed
make: *** [distdir] Error 1
$
</screenshot>

If you have patches, tell the mailinglist.
That is nothing new.

New are
 https://gitlab.com/stappersg/urjtag
 https://github.com/stappersg/urjtag
Yes, they can be used for getting changes in urjtag.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven