Hope you are doing great,
We have an immediate opportunity for Java Back End Developer at Van buren
Township, MI. Below is the job description and if you’d like to pursue
this, please include a word copy of your latest resume along with a daytime
phone number and rate in your response.
*Send resumes to s...@nytpartners.com <s...@nytpartners.com>*
*Role: Java Back End Developer*
*Duration: 6+ months*
*Location: Van buren Township, MI*
*Role Summary: *
The Back-end Developer will be responsible for designing, developing and
testing software to create solutions and services tailored to the needs of
the business and external customers. Requires developed and strong
foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies. You
will be a member of an integrated squad working together to deliver
successful outcomes on the GE Predix platform
*Essential Functions: *
- Responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast
paced and agile development environment using the latest software
development methods and infrastructure.
- Support impact assessment and decision related to technology choices,
design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
- Expert level skills in Java development, with an ability to take a
deep dive in the implementation aspects.
- Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the
ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary.
- Collaborate with system engineers, data scientists, frontend
developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned
with and extend shared platforms and solutions.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean / Agile / XP, CI,
Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices,
refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality
aligned with GE standards and guidelines
*Basic Qualifications: *
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology
(IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a
minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
- Experience in IT software development.
- Good knowledge on many from the following technology stack - Java,
J2EE, Spring Framework, MVC, App server Knowledge (Tomcat,JBoss), OSGi,
- Excellent knowledge with development tools and integrated build
systems: Eclipse IDE, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven - Software development cycle
and automated testing experience (TDD/BDD)
- 3-5+ years experience with Java
- Experience with NodeJS
- 1-2 years experience with NOSQL databases
- 1-2 years experience with Rational databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc…)
- 3+ Years of developing REST APIs
- 3+ Years experience writing unit tests
- 2+ Experience using a CI system to automate builds
- Understanding of HTTP and Network Layer overhead and latency
- Understanding of how to optimize service data for size or speed
- Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as
- Strong Debugging and Troubleshooting Expertise
*Desired Qualifications: *
- Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
- Experience with C#
- Experience with NewRelic
- Experience with Logstash
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Lua
- Experience with GOLang
- Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
- Experience with CQRS
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions in a matrix
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to diplomatically
advocate for the appropriate support staffing levels.
- Ideal candidate will also have experience presenting effectively to
non-technical and executive audiences.
- Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates
in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data
to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
- Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, &
apply new areas of expertise as needed.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work independently
Thanks and Regards,
New York Technology Partners – Rochester
332 Jefferson Rd.
Rochester, NY 14623
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/us_itgroups.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.