*Please check the JD and share the right match profiles for the below
requirement ASAP at har...@sapphirus.com <har...@sapphirus.com> reach me at
*Senior ETL Architect ,Atlanta GA, 6+ Months Oracle DBA, Atlanta GA, 8
*GA-TECH 51179 Senior ETL Architect ,Atlanta GA, 6 Months*
*Job Purpose: *The Senior ETL Architect will be responsible for the design
and architecture of integration solutions developed in IBM Infosphere
Information Server such as DataStage and QualityStage jobs, unit testing
scripts, data validation scripts, definition of metadata and other required
This person will provide expertise on enterprise best practices surrounding
ETL and data warehouse development.
This person will also provide recommendations on techniques to improve data
quality, ETL processing, data warehouse loading times, data warehouse
scalability and future-proofing.
*Impact and Influence:*
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: EDW Architect, ETL
Architect, other ETL developers, business/functional analysts,
programmer/analysts, database/data warehouse administrators, and data
This position typically will advise and counsel: EDM and OIT staff for
implementation of DataStage and other units using DataStage in best
practices related to ETL development.
This position will supervise: NA
*Key Responsibilities: *
- Define, design, and make recommendations on standards and best
practices for data warehouse development including data modeling, metadata,
master data, and data quality.
- Analyze reporting requirements to determine development methods,
development templates, and to determine job scheduling.
- Help lead development of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) jobs that will
combine and transform data from different Georgia Tech data sources.
- Develop ETL jobs that satisfy identified data model.
- Provide guidance in the administration of the DataStage ETL tool
including developing best practices of development, administering security,
developing job scheduling and monitoring techniques, and all other system
responsibility including creating, configuring and applying patch, creating
projects, credential mapping, creating users, changing passwords, start
stop applications activities, etc.
- Design and develop testing methodologies for both ETL jobs and data
- Provide expertise on best practices to improve data warehouse
processing, loading times as well as query performance.
- Work with other development units in developing best practices in ETL
development for Georgia Tech. Support ETL developers in development and
troubleshooting data issues.
- Maintain technical support documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
*GaDOC 51214, Oracle DBA, Atlanta GA, 8 Months*
An Oracle DBA role responsible for multiple Oracle databases across
development, test and production environments, representing the back-end of
the mission critical in-house enterprise application Scribe.
Some of the primary responsibilities include owning, tracking and resolving
database related incidents, physical and logical database design, creating
and maintaining source code changes and fulfilling data requests. The
position activities necessitate constant communication with peer DBAs,
developers and business analysts throughout the software development cycle.
- Technical Support for the database, applications, and server
- Performance monitoring and tuning.
- SQL and PL\SQL tuning
- Database backup & recovery
- Formulates, documents and monitors policies, procedures, and standards
relating to database management.
- Technical support for developers and business analysts.
- Oracle Service Requests (SR) submission, resolution and management.
- Database and applications upgrades and migration.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the enterprise scheduling system
- Deploying J2EE applications in Oracle Application Server, Tomcat and
- Staying up to date with Oracle technologies
Technical Skill Requirements
- Experience with Oracle database 11g and 12c on Windows.
- RMAN backup & recovery.
- Active Data Guard
- Expert knowledge and experience with SQL and
- Working knowledge of Unix (Solaris 10) and Windows platforms.
- Working experience of some Batch scheduling tool preferably ActiveBatch
- Good knowledge of Perl scripts/Shell scripts
- Working knowledge of ITIL Process (Incident/Change/Service Request
- Experience in 24/7 Production environment is highly preferred.
- Good knowledge of Networking concepts and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience with JBoss, Qlik, SVN(Subversion)
- Data warehousing experience
- Strong analytical and multitasking skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Oracle certified professional
BS Degree or equivalent with minimum 6 years Oracle DBA experience required.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/us_itgroups.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.