*Please Send me Profiles at ** n...@rgtalent.com <n...@rgtalent.com>*
Currently, I am recruiting candidates for one of my requirement as
UDB DB2 DBA
*Washington DC or Chicago IL*
6 months /Contract To Hire
* Skills Required and Job Description:*
*MOI : Telephonic followed by Face 2 Face*
*Need USC/GC/EAD-GC Only*
5 years of experience (minimum) as a database administrator with DB2 UDB
LUW Data Warehouse Enterprise Edition within an AIX operating environment.
• DPF experience required.
• Provide primary DBA design and support services for establishing,
upgrading and maintaining the DB2 UDB Data Warehouse environments.
• Implement backup and recovery procedures for DB2 UDB Data Warehouse
databases and test regularly in conjunction with Operations.
• In conjunction with the network security administrator, establish and
manage user access. Enforce security policies and procedures.
• Create, maintain and refresh required DB2 UDB Data Warehouse
instances/databases for development, test and production environments.
• As required, help resolve application problems. Act as liaison between
application programmers and DBMS vendor to report and resolve problems.
• Monitor security breaches, error log(s), database and log space, user
activity and resource utilization of production environment. Work with
application programmers to insure that application problems do not
adversely affect production operations.
• Monitor system resources of database servers to assure production systems
meet performance & availability requirements and hardware enhancements are
scheduled in a timely fashion.
• Provide after hours on-call support for critical database issues.
• Provide expert assistance in database and SQL statement tuning to improve
performance. This includes, but is not limited to, re-writing SQL
statements, creating new indexes and altering existing indexes.
• Using software packages (e.g., BMC Patrol) and/or local scripts, monitor
performance, space, DB2 UDB Data Warehouse database parameters and tune as
• Following BCBSA standards, write, maintain and document monitoring
scripts needed in support of applications.
• Monitor disk usage; plan acquisition and addition of disk devices as
• Act as project liaison and coordinate with AIX system administrators for
application of OS patches and maintenance required for database servers.
• Understand and maintain documentation of dependencies between versions of
application vendor software, DB2 UDB Data Warehouse software, and AIX
• Provide DBA mentoring and support for other DBAs.
• DB2 UDB database administration on servers for mission critical
• Installation and upgrades of multiple DB2 UDB Data Warehouse software
products/versions for DBMS, server software and various tools software.
• Development, maintenance and documentation of procedures and standards
for effective database software use.
• Analysis and management of DB2 UDB Data Warehouse problems/defects with
IBM and installation of patches.
• Use of software and locally developed tools to monitor DB2 UDB Data
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with staff of varying technical
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience supporting 24x7 environments.
Thanks & Regards, *NEHA* Technical Resource Specialist *RG Talent Inc.* 39120
Argonaut way Suite # 157, Fremont CA 94538 Phone : 510-443-0757 EXT- 192 Email
: n...@rgtalent.com URL : www.rgtalent.com In my absence please
contact Manish at following address man...@rgtalent.com. Disclaimer: Under
Bill s. 1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this mail cannot
be considered spam as long as we include a way to be removed from our
mailing list. Simply send us an e-mail at rem...@rgtalent.com and we will
gladly REMOVE you from our mailing list. Click To Unsubscribe
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/us_itgroups.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.