*Please check the JD and share the right match profiles for the below
requirement ASAP at har...@sapphirus.com <har...@sapphirus.com> reach me at
*Lead Ruby on Rails Developer/Service Coordinator Location- Eden Prairie
MN Duration- 6+ plus months*
As a Lead Ruby on Rails Developer/Service Coordinator you will be tasked
with the development and coding in Ruby on Rails and supporting the
application throughout the lifecycle and post production release. There
will be interaction with the system/business analysts and architects who
designed our capabilities, and work with the offshore team.
The successful candidate will be a valued contributor to an application
team who develops and supports a learning organization model through
coaching, training, and mentorship. The successful candidate will be one
that can adapt as necessary for unintended consequences of this change
initiative and one that understands the value of commitments to delivery
made by a development team.
In addition, the candidate is expected to work on support, tactical and
strategic assignments. This will include lower level and production support
to the team.
• Collaborate closely with application stakeholders, designers and business
teams to build high quality, compelling software products.
• Contribute to product strategy from a technical perspective .
• Know and use a variety of web and Ruby on Rails technologies to build
• Use and adapt Lean Startup and Agile methodologies to make rapid,
continuous improvements to products based on learning through in-market
• Lead the technology team as a senior member of application development
team, as part of an Agile scrum team assigned to work on the project at
• Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and
• Mentor junior developers and share the latest information, tools, and
techniques with peers.
• Be proactive in exploring new technologies that may benefit the group.
• Provide leadership in critical production issue resolution both (Priority
1 and Priority 2 Incidents)
• Responsibility, at a high level, includes application availability,
reliability and stability on a 24 X 7 x 365 basis.
• Be willing to work on a 24x7 on call basis as needed.
• Assist in managing and coordinating all production support related
• Function as a team lead and technical SME.
• Ensure timely resolution of all production issues meeting.
• Ensure that the work delivered by the team is of high quality.
• Address problem tickets which will involve analysis, development,
debugging, and break-fix code deployment and related activities in a
complex and highly visible web-based portal.
• Identify application performance improvement initiatives and implement
the same in consultation with the Service Manager.
• Conduct or facilitate root cause analysis on all in-scope incidents and
recommend a corrective action plan.
• Work with business to prioritize production issues for resolution.
• Assist Service Manager in providing management status reports on daily,
weekly and monthly basis.
• Assist Service Manager in work order tasks including management of
• Ensure that all application documentation has been updated.
• BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
• 4+ years of experience delivering and maintaining web applications.
• 2+ years demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails development
• 2+ years of experience as a lead developer
• Strong hands on experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience with building design patterns and software engineering best
• Experience with unit and functional testing
• Experience with Cloud Deployment infrastructure
• Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development methods and
• Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) including
database schema design and ability to analyze database queries &
troubleshoot efficiency issues
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Experience with Test-Driven Development
• Experience with software development principles designed for iterative
development based on customer feedback such as Lean Startup, Agile, Kanban
• Experience working in a startup environment
• Experience with DevOps tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker)
• Involvement in professional associations, open source development and
other skill building activities
• Experience in healthcare industry.
• Experience with commercial software development and/or healthcare
• Experience with Agile Methodology
• Experience with XML / JSON and developing SOAP and REST services using
Apache CXF or a comparable framework
• Strong experience in projects requiring application re-engineering,
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with all aspects of web application development
• Experience with data integration and data migration, APIs
• Knowledge about Socket API.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/us_itgroups.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.