Please find this requirement and send me your consultant resume at
<manish.srivast...@idctechnologies.com>* and call me *408-844-3778.*
*Title:** Network Engineer*
*Duration: **6 months ( Need GC or USC consultant ) *
*Location : **Portland, ME*
*Job Description :*
This individual will have a mix of project work, troubleshooting and some
design work. The resource will be on call for 2 weeks out of every 12
weeks (1 week back-up on call and 2nd week is primary on call).
· This person must have experience in diagnosing and
troubleshooting basic technical problems in a multi-platform environment.
This is a very fast paced environment that is constantly changing so this
individual must be able to stay focused, organized and be able to complete
projects with minimal supervision.
· The Network Operations Engineer is responsible for the
installation, configuration and optimization of Network and Communications
related hardware and software in order to achieve high performance Unum’s
enterprise business and communications applications. This includes ensuring
the availability of the network and related communications infrastructure.
The Network Operations Engineer will apply analytical and problem solving
skills to help validate, verify, communicate and resolve communications,
application and network infrastructure issues. The Network Operations
Engineer will assist other engineers with basic network and communications
infrastructure issues. The Network Operations Engineer is expected to work
with application developers, systems engineers of all disciplines and
business partners. The Network Operations Engineer will participate in key
meetings and process improvements as they relate to enterprise
*Principal Duties and Responsibilities:*
Experience operating and troubleshooting various Cisco IOS platforms such
as: Nexus 2k/5k/75, Catalyst 3750/3850 and 6500/4500, ISR 2800/3800,
2900/3900, 4000 Routers, ASR 1001 Routers, 800 Series Routers, etc.
· Troubleshooting and operating basic EIGRP and BGP routing
protocols, and using Cisco routing tables.
· Using and navigating various network management toolsets.
· Adhere to change management guidelines, standards and procedures.
· Familiarity with basic Cisco IOS device functions such as:
startup procedure, configuration management, upgrading IOS, and general
command line navigation.
· Clear understanding of communications protocols, stacks, and OSI
· Ensure compatibility and interoperability of all communications
· Monitor and test communications infrastructure performance;
prepare and deliver performance statistics and reports.
· Create and maintain documentation as it relates to infrastructure
configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
· Is proficient in applying IT architecture principles and
guidelines in technical decisions.
· Ability to understand and contribute the language used in an
environment with technologies such as: Riverbed WAN Optimization, F5 Load
Balancers, BT IP Controls, Windows server infrastructure, etc. – any
experience with these technologies is a plus.
· Capacity to assist with VoIP and Video networks as it relates to
network infrastructure and QoS deployments and troubleshooting on an IP
*Thanks and Regards*
*Sr. Technical Recruiter*
*IDC Technologies, Inc.*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/us_itgroups.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.