*We are looking for Mainframe Developer (Z/OS )/ Admin*

* *

*Location: Madison, WI*

* *

*Duration: Long term.*

* *

* *

   *Need 15+ years of experience for zOS mainframe system programming. The
contract position will be responsible for backup support for mainframe data
tools and support of the mainframe operating system. The data tools support
include Hierarchical storage manager, HSM (data archive and retrieval). The
contract position will also support data maintenance and cleanup of HSM
database records, data backup and recovery, and data placement. Skills are
also needed to support Z/OS - upgrades and maintenance cycles. Expert
knowledge of the internals of Z/OS is required. The position will need
skills in installing, maintaining, and problem resolution/customer support
of zOS related products such as VTAM, Enterprise Cobol, UNIX System
Services, Thruput Manager, JES2, and use of SMP/e for product installation
and implementation of fixes to the system, plus other database and z/OS
implementation skills. Skilled in providing RACF system level support.
Thorough JCL skills are necessary. The position will be responsible for
problem solving. Some of the problem skills necessary include Z/OS dump
reading skills, working with Vendor support staff to fix problems,
reviewing Z/OS logs to identify root cause of problems. The position will
be required to be on call and work on weekends during change windows to
implement fixes, upgrades, and new products. *

*Qualification*

*Rating*

*General Competencies*

*Ability to be self directed **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 0+ Yrs.

*Able to work independently **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 0+ Yrs.

*All technical skills detailed on resume*

Yes

*Good organizational skills and attention to detail **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 0+ Yrs.

*Information Technology - Databases*

*VSAM*

2 (Limited Experience) of 5 (Expert)

and 5+ Yrs.

*Information Technology - Operating Systems*

*Configure LPARS*

2 (Limited Experience) of 5 (Expert)

and 5+ Yrs.

*Define I/O devices*

2 (Limited Experience) of 5 (Expert)

and 5+ Yrs.

*JCL **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*JES2 **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*Operating system administration (e.g., monitoring, process control,
threads, upgrades and patching)*

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*Problem determination (e.g. using dumps, traces, traps)*

4 (Very Strong) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*SMP/E **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*TSO **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*VTAM*

0 (No Familiarity) of 5 (Expert)

and 0+ Yrs.

*Workload balancing –** Processor*

3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)

and 5+ Yrs.

*Workload Manager for z/OS and OS/390*

3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)

and 10+ Yrs.

*Work with vendor to implement the software platforms*

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*Work with vendor to resolve hardware and software problems*

4 (Very Strong) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*z/OS **

5 (Expert) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*Information Technology - Storage*

*Backup and recovery techniques*

2 (Limited Experience) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*DFDSS*

3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)

and 15+ Yrs.

*DFSMS*

2 (Limited Experience) of 5 (Expert)

and 5+ Yrs.

*HSM*

2 (Limited Experience) of 5 (Expert)

and 5+ Yrs.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rajani

*Sun-IT Solutions, Inc.,*

7400 Baymeadows way, Suite # 315, Jacksonville, Fl 32256

T: 904-737-2046 ext:158,f: 904-448-0321

*raj...@sun-itsolutions.com <jyoth...@sun-itsolutions.com>** ,
www.sun-itsolutions.com*

*Note:** We respect your Online Privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail.
at **rem...@sun-itsolutions.com** and mention all the e-mail addresses to
be removed with any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting the e-mails
to you. We are sorry for the inconvenience*