> On Sep 20, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Kustaa Nyholm <kustaa.nyh...@planmeca.com> wrote:
>
> However: a 'device' is such a loose term that if we take it literally
> then this is not feasible. You can't just read from or write to a device.

Dear Kustaa,

The data from any device is readable according to the firmware driver that is
used with it. Some drivers can be used with multiple devices and some devices
can be used with multiple drivers. It's no wonder you're confused about the
intent and purpose of such a proposed utility/app, as the situation with
devices and drivers is currently confused. The intention of this proposal is to
produce a means whereby the current confusion can be simplified and clarified
for the user and for development, without hindering additional confusion and
complexity where needed but providing for free and easy development and
deployment of unifying standards wherever and whenever convenient and/or
possible.