Mark,
+ 10 to the MAXINT  power for Kustaa's comment and conclusion.

Testing mice and keyboards is a pretty lame excuse for a complex tool. Apple already includes TextEdit, a superb tool for easily testing keyboards and the Finder for testing mice (besides, how much money (aka time) would you spend to "fix" either?).

We manufacturers of USB products use USB analyzers and debuggers for device and driver development plus performance analysis. Video and Audio engineers also use signal generators, scopes as well as spectrum and distortion analyzers to perfect their products.

Firmware compatibility issues are absolutely possible to identify by engineers using proper test equipment, hence the availability of devices that work on both OSX and widows. Perhaps you need an engineer in-house that understands your systems. Or, report your problems to the vendor's applications engineers.

You will never achieve standardization of drivers beyond class compliance and most chips are programmable to allow advancements via proprietary programming. No vendor will re-write working code to make it fit your utility - no profit (or actual utility) in it.

You asked for technical objections and seem to want to argue with those of us that have the experience.

I have no idea what you think the available tools are to be consolidated.

On the other hand, perhaps we have all missed your point.

PLEASE, STOP THIS THREAD until you open a Technical Support Incident (you may have to become a registered developer) with Apple to present your business use case. If that fails (it will fail), write your own utility or hire an engineer via LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter or....

Good Luck!

Gary