I'm a dbase - sql newbie when it comes to actually writing a web front end for capturing and inserting data into a database. I can do code to read and use data, no problem, but this is my very first project where I actually all on my own without Andre's help, write a front end to accept input.

Using revServer I managed to copy some robust escape routines to validate and block malicious code (thanks to Rabit - RevIngniter Libraries)

but now I have this problem were people in foreign countries are using odd characters and for some reason the INSERT fails..

e.g

Paramparaís

a word used in a comment: the second character from the last is a curly single possessive apostrophe before "s")...as it ended up in my log file where we do capture all the data in a text file... but it broke the INSERT, the dbase never got a record...

Another case of a registration from someone in Spain I get this in my text log file:

Address1: Avda. Europa 108, Urb. BarcelÛ Blq 11, 7 C
Address2:
City: M·laga
State: M·laga
Zip: 29003
Country: Spain

but the database insertion fails. Can anyone help me with a LiveCode function that will "massage" these characters to escape them and pass them to the dbase (PostGreSQL) and be inserted?

TIA!

Sivakatirswami