Hi Marty,

Such systems with fixed registration codes are very sensitive to hacking. My
registration systems are based on a name entered by the buyer or linked to the
PayPal account. That makes illegal distribution of the registration code
slightly less probable. I think that 8.9% is very expensive, although for very
cheap products it might be a good thing, if there isn't also a minimum fee.
Customisation sounds good, that might be a reason for me to still look into
this.

Actually, PayPal has an easy-to-implement, very effective and inexpensive
system to deal with registration codes (and any other item you might want to
sell on-line). I just don't like their policies (e.g. PayPal makes it
impossible for software company to proof that a license has been delivered in
case if a dispute).

I tend to say: I'll open an open-source website for this, but since the OAuth
initiative didn't bring anything, I believe I won't try this again.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

P.S. To anyone who wrote me an e-mail recently: please be patient, I will get
back to you.

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

New: Download the Installer Maker Plugin 1.5 for LiveCode here http://qurl.tk/ce