In my testing so far, word works while trueWord doesn’t, although that testing
is still preliminary...

In my case, I need to strip them out. Single codepoint ones like the smiley are
easy, they are one codepoint and 1 word. The ones, like red haired man, are
tougher because they are multple codeponts. However, they are still 1 word.

I’ve built a sample library stack that contains all the emoji’s, their
codepoints and some routines that I’m using to work through this all. I hope to
have my testing done in the next day or two and will post for anyone who wants
to play with it.

Best,

Steve MacLean