I concur with the other replies so far.

LiveCode is HyperCard. If you want to limit yourself to only cards, fields, and buttons, just do so. You can do pretty much everything HyperCard did: create a stack of multiple cards; place buttons and fields on cards; draw on cards; navigate between cards; and so on. Just ignore all the other controls and features if you don't want them.