This was addressed in my first Revolution conference. One of the classes was
about naming conventions. Not only do you have to be careful about your names
clashing with built-in names, but also reserved words, and the names used by
OTHER developers (think plugins).

Other languages partially address this by using variable scoping, but you still
cannot use reserved words, like names of built in functions. Neither the SE or
C/Java compiler would allow it, but properties are not variables per-se.

The upshot of the class was that if you are producing something with public
distribution in mind, preface ALL your variables and named objects in a way
unique to you, so there can be no conflict.

Bob S