I wish there was a toggle for this option so we could control whether or not to lock messages. I spent way too long tracking down all the handlers I had to change (and there were lots of them,) and it's irritating to have to add that much extra code just so I can avoid a build failure.

I would happily trade losing my script locals for the ability to build without errors.