Bill Vlahos wrote:

> I want my application to be able to catch parameters sent to it via
> the command line.

Ah, much simpler problem.

macOS is a certified Unix.  It works just like Linux.

On startup, you can check $# for the number of args passed in the command line, or $1, $2, etc. to get the value of any one of them.

If you need really sophisticated command-line argument handling, check out the getOpt function Peter Brett added for that:

https://livecode.fandom.com/wiki/Getopt

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems