Tom Glod wrote:

Hi Friends, I love the convenience of encoding arrays into binary chunks
for saving and transport.

But while doing data processing ideally I'd like to be able to decode my
livecode arrays in other more high performance languages.

LC's arrays are encoded and decoded in machine code. Just how fast do you need that?

Is there some method by which this encoding happens that is standard and
can be decoded using non livecode platforms?

I have some notes on the older format I can see if I can pull together, based on things Mark Waddingham had written. But that was before the code base became relicensed as open source. The current code base would seem the best place for exploring the straight dope.

- rg/4w