If you look at the script i posted before, then you see for windows /T and /F and so on.

This will kill the application and all child processes.

On 23-05-19 17:59, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:
So this seems odd to me. If an executable that spawns other processes/threads
(if that is what a splash stack is doing) quits, Windows should also terminate
the processes/threads.

I suppose, from reading various email posts here that there are different ways
to implement a splash screen. As I mentioned before, I have a stack I call
Splash, which is NOT the Mainstack (because I have code in the *actual*
mainstack along with properties etc. that everything else depends on). In the
Stack Files I have added the *actual* Mainstack which contains substacks.

The splash stack simply hides itself after a few seconds and some eye candy,
then opens the mainstack which gets the ball rolling. It's closing the
Mainstack (which has code to close the substacks first) which was causing
Windows to toss the error and strand the Splash exe process, but I think I got
that sorted out.

Apparently another way some do it is to make the Splash Stack the Mainstack.
The reason I do not do this is because I use the splash stack for multiple
projects, and I don't want to have to pry the splash stack out of a project in
order to save it as something else to use in that project.

I suppose a third way would be to have the splash stack a substack of the
mainstack, although I don't see the advantage in this.

Bob S

On May 23, 2019, at 08:38 , J. Landman Gay via use-livecode