On 7/11/2019 2:41 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
Screen readers don't work in LC. How do those of you who support accessibility provide that? Is there anything in LC itself that supports the ADA act?

This comes up repeatedly on this list.

Any Desktop LC app is compatible with some OS accessibility tools, typically screen magnifies as they do not rely of any hooks in the App itself. Most all screen readers require in App API hooks. With widgets and FFI support, it might be possible now (LC9+) to create a library for one or more of the major screen readers There are also some OS provided screen reading tools that I have not tested with LC7, 8, or 9, but they did not work with LC6 as the UI controls (buttons and field primarily) were not OS standard controls, but LC specific.

We get about 1-3 requests per year for screen reading support for our app. I'd love to provide support, but the cost (at least in the past) develop Externals and integration, if it even had been possible, would have bankrupted us. JAWS seems to be the most requested.

If you look into the Widgets route and see any promise of a solution, please let me know.